Sunday, April 29, 2012

First night of no communication....

and I'm a little sad...

I know, I'm extremely lucky, hes been gone six days, and I have gotten to hear from him every night while he has been at reception, and I know many others haven't heard from their soldiers except a quick 2-3 minutes letting them know they arrived safely... He called me last night to let me know that some of the guys in his group were just horse playing around and it went to far, so the group was told to call their families and tell them they have lost phone privileges now until they earn them back in boot camp... could be a few weeks... So in that short call, I packed all the I love yous, prayers and I'm proud of yous that I could get in...

But today is the first day in the 19 and 1/2 years of his life that I have not gotten a phone call or a text just saying hi mom, or I love you...

Nothing...  I guess I need to change my thinking to No news is good news....

But right now, Im going to just lay here and email my MOMs prayer group ladies back and try to relax and think positive and happy thoughts for my soldier!  This is the first of many nights I wont hear from him, but I know hes safe!



2 comments:

  1. I didnt go through Basic with my husband, but from what I hear and I've seen with friends is that its a huge life changing experience. After he gets out of this he'll still be your little boy though! thats one thing I've learned from my Mother In Law is he is still the same boy, he's just now the soldier that I know and love.
    Hopefully you'll start getting letters soon! I dont know what BCT he is at or how close that is to you, but hopefully in the next week you'll get a letter. Hand written letter rock! :)
    Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz... I did get a letter yesterday and wow, I have already memorized it and it is among my most cherished items... I feel so helpless, but I have letters ready to go when he gets an address. right now its all about getting him processed. We found out last night that his bootcamp got pushed back a week, he is so ready to start basic! my son is only 19, but I look forward to the day he marries and has a family of his own so I know that he will be taken care of.. :) Thanks for replying, I was beginning to think noone ever would, lol

    ReplyDelete