Sunday, April 29, 2012

Phone Calls....

So far I have been getting to talk to Zach daily while he was in reception before bootcamp, he usually calls around 845pm or so.  I was getting broke into him being gone slowly, and we knew the time would come when there would be no more phone calls, but last night while we were at a wedding, I got the call I didn't want to hear for a few more days..

"Mom, I love you, this is probably the last call for a few weeks.  Some of the guys got in a fight in the barracks, so we are losing cell phone privilages in about two minutes...."

So after some last minute, rushed I love yous and hugs and kisses... I got to tell him that no matter what he thought, that my heart was with him and he was always in my thoughts and I loved him more than he knew.   and with that he said...  Mom its time, they are collecting phones, I love you ....  

then he pulled the bandaid off quick and hung up....

I could hear the tears in his voice, but I know it will now he will be ok....


No comments:

Post a Comment