Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What an amazing night....

So around dinner tonight, I received a phone call from Zach.  It was short and it was mostly him telling me he love me and that he was safe and I  felt so utterly peaceful it was beyond amazing...

Then...

Around 9, he called and we actually got to talk for about 20 minutes.

He has a new haircut  :)  he has his uniforms and other new fashion items.

He spent the day learning how to make a bed correctly, and how to clean to Army standards.   He said hes filled out more papers than ever in his life and he actually said the food isn't too bad.   He hasn't been to bed yet, they kept them up all night, but he said he has met some great guys already, but feels he is the only one from smalltown USA.   He even met some guys from Puerto Rico.  :)

He said lights out was at 11, but he was so tired he was going to bed now and they are waking them up at 4 am.

Again, I am going to bed a Proud Army Mom, but tonight, I feel a little less sadness at my loss, because I know that the Army gained a GREAT young man.

<3  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment